geneOnyx™ Over the counter DNA test
The system is easy to follow, making it possible to perform accurate DNA tests on-site in under 30 minutes using just a saliva sample, without needing to send a sample to a laboratory for analysis. The disposable DNA test kit is totally lab-free and does not require any heavy laboratory equipment or skilled users.
Skin care consultants are now able to leverage modern genetics.
The science behind an on-the-spot Personalised DNA test:
- Firstly a saliva sample is taken. The purpose of this is because cells from around the cheek and tongue and white blood cells found in the mouth contain DNA. It is this DNA which makes each of us unique and provides information about which skin care product is most suitable.
- The saliva sample is then added to solution A which breaks open the cells in the saliva to release the DNA.
- Solution B is then combined with solution A and saliva, as it contains the ingredients to make the reaction work once the sample is placed onto the silicon chip.
- The sample is then placed onto the DNA microchip which holds the silicon chip where the genetic test occurs.
- The DNA microchip is then inserted into the CosMos™ gateway where the partially-processed genetic data from the silicon chip is sent to the CosMos™ cloud, which does the full analysis from gene to ingredient.
- The CosMos™ cloud is where the information is held of all the active ingredients and products and where the DNA is fully matched to the ingredients and products in its vast database.
- Finally the result is sent to the analyser app, where the customer & consultant are delivered the results of the active ingredients and products most suitable for them.
No longer is there a need to try out a skincare product for weeks and months to find out if it is suitable. geneOnyx™ removes the guesswork when selecting the best individual skincare solution. No genetic information is stored and the used cartridges are disposed of.